Sunday, June 24, 2012

Date Night!

So last weekend, Chuck and I attempted our first "night out" without Walter. His parents were getting ready to leave on a work trip for a week, so they were wanting to get some extra baby time in before they left, and graciously offered to babysit. I was pretty anxious about leaving him (more on this later-turns out a medication I was taking was increasing my feelings of anxiety), but also excited to get out for a bit. We decided to go out for dessert and a glass of wine at Sunsinger, and then go to campus town to listen to some bands. It was so nice to get out by ourselves for a bit. We sat outside at Sunsinger and I enjoyed an enormous slice of cheesecake with raspberry sauce which was amazing! I also ordered a glass of Malbec, which sadly did not live up to its description in the menu, but was still enjoyable. Chuck got a fruit tart and Gewurztraminer, which was a nice summery pairing. We met up with a few of Chuck's friends at the concert and had a nice time. When we got home Walter had been great for Grandma and Grandpa. He ate and slept and wasn't fussy. I'm finding that the more I push myself to take these little breaks, then it doesn't seem so hard to do it the next time.


Getting ready to go :)

 Walter had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa.

Even developed some good fine-motor skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment